Friday, March 19, 2010

MSPIFF Films Directed by Women

Well, the films have started to show up on their website (look to the right, click on films, and choose by category, though there seems to be some cross-over). I'm going to list here the films directed by women. It's sometimes hard to tell because the films come from all over the world and some names don't indicate a gender. But I'll do my best (thanks to Google image search). I'll also update this weekly until the final program is out and I list my film schedule.

Documentaries

If You Dare
No More Smoke Signals
The Oath
Summer Pasture

Sun Behind the Clouds: Tibet's Struggle for Freedom

Global Lens

My Tehran For Sale


World Cinema

My Only Sunshine
Nora's Will
Poto Mitan: Haitian Women Pillars of the Global Economy
St. Louis Blues
The Sicilian Girl
Ward 6
Dear Lemon Lima

Bluebeard


Not Directed by Women (but of interest to this feminist).

Power and Control
Pink Taxi
The Snow Queen
Gods

No comments: