Monday, February 22, 2016

Directed by Women


Had a back-and-forth today with @DirectedbyWomen on Twitter about Deepa Mehta coming to the Twin Cities for the first time for MSPIFF's 35th anniversary. Her most recent film Beeba Boys was at TIFF in September 2015 and I chose not to see it there because I knew it'd come here eventually. I just didn't know she'd be bringing it! Can't. Wait.

Directed by Women has a database for films by women so that people can see many films directed by women. I'll add the MSPIFF films to their database because Directed by Women uses Facebook events to import events, but it'll be easy for me to add them. MSPIFF won't do FB events, thankfully (because I'm not there anymore). So excited to be contributing them!

(Have I used up all my exclamation points yet?)

MSPIFF promised the schedule would be coming very soon. We'll see. Last year it came in late March according to my 2015 post about it. But here's photographic social media proof that the film society said the schedule is coming VERY SOON.


No comments: